DIGIHOUSE relies on in-house proofing with OKI
The DIGIHOUSE media design agency is now able to produce presentations with perfect colour fidelity in-house and at an excellent price/performance ratio.
With support from solution partner dp3, DIGIHOUSE opted for the OKI C9650 colour printer as its basic system for in-house proofing and layout printing.
Since the company provides everything in-house, from the first draft to the final print file, they were looking for the most colour-consistent presentation print quality possible with an inhouse proofing solution included.
• A printer offering sufficient output quality for proofing layouts and drafts (e.g. draft logos, catalogue layouts)
• Adjustment of all software systems by a colour management expert
• Versatile media handling
• Good price/performance ratio
A layout & proof printing solution was implemented on the basis of an OKI C9650 colour printer,costing around 90 percent less than a typical high-end production machine with integrated proof function. The OKI C9650 features colour management software components which can be adjusted so as to create a validation proof – an adapted inkjet ISO standard with marginally larger tolerances than a standard proof. As a result, the colours of the presentation printouts are equivalent to those of the final result.
A proof can be created at the same cost as a colour printout, starting from approx. 8 cent per A4 page. This printing solution can be used for media weighing between 64 and 330 gsm and formats A6 to A3+. A3+ formats can also be used to print out layouts including bleed without scaling.
Accurate colour prints with OKI:
• Integrated colour management software as standard
• Print-on-demand solutions: small prints, panorama formats and complex media formats, etc.
• OKI LED printing technology: small pixel sizes for optimum results
• Maintenance-free technology and a 3-year guarantee with onsite and next-day customer service
“We are a small agency whose success is attributable primarily to the quality of our work. An important aspect of this is being able to present our clients with professional, reliable drafts from the very first draft. With the OKI C9650 we are able to produce high quality, true-colour layouts and proofs without the need for any external printing centres and at an excellent price/performance ratio.” Christoph Aspacher, Managing Director, DIGIHOUSE